The Young And Learning Bride

I recently was talking with a close friend of mine about the idea that Jesus, God, is our lover-our prince and husband. When you grow up with one certain picture of God you begin to subconsciously place him in a box and limit your spirit's access to all the facets of God's character. When I first got a hold of the picture of Jesus as my lover I ran with it. As an 'emotional girl' its a great picture of God to get a hold of. I understand its harder for guys to grasp, they are less emotionally driven-but when a guy can get a hold of that its powerful! So if you have struggled to get a grasp on that idea of Jesus Christ-the very one risen from the dead- he wants to be married to you, he wants to love on you and hold you close to him, maybe I can share with you the pieces that helped fix the puzzle for me and maybe just maybe God will speak through it and show you a little glimpse of how much he longs for you!

In Hosea you read the story of Hosea and his unfaithful wife. God uses this as a picture of Israel and himself. How Israel has betrayed his love time and time again, yet he draws them back to him.

The thing is we are part of Israel, in Isaiah 14:1 it says "Israel will be his special people once agai. He will bring them back to settle once again in their own land. And people from many nations will come and join them there and become a part of Israel."

Then again in Zachariah 2:11 it says- "Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day, and they too will be my people. I will live among among you...."

We are part of Israel, these are just two examples of how we are being tied into Israel. Not to mention that it is a general known thing that all through out the Bible that Israel often represents us as the body of Christ. So, we ARE part of Israel. Now, going back to Hosea. Hosea's wife is a picture of Israel, in turn being a picture of US. Us as the body of Christ, us as God's special possession. Are you ready for this!?

Hosea 2: 19-20 says.."I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice. Unfailing love and compassion, I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as Lord."

Did you get that? This is GOD talking about YOU!!! He wants to make you his wife! How his heart breaks whenever we turn towards another lover! In Psalm 45: 10-11 we read "Listen to me, O royal daughter; take to heart what I say. Forget your people and your home land far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him for he is Lord."

One morning as I was doing my devotions I felt the Lord speaking to me on this subject. I often have my journal at hand to write these things down. And at one point he mentioned this idea of me as his bride. Even though you may have been saved now for awhile, you are may still be a young bride. Now here is the things that was a 'light bulb' moment for me. At times I almost look at how I've messed up and think, wow, I should know better then this! But God said to me-as new bride, a young just married bride- YOU WONT KNOW HOW TO PERFECTLY SERVE AND LOVE YOUR HUSBAND...wow..read that again. Youre not even EXPECTED to know it. Its a process you learn! At first all you know how to do is love out of pure joy and pure love for you husband. The mature, learned love comes with time. All God wants us to do is LOVE on him. Yearn for him and then he will help us learn how to love him and serve him better.

And as a new bride your new husband doesn't get mad when you don't know how to do everything right! The mercy of our loving God! Let God love on you, let him reveal to you his deep desire for you! "I am my lover's, the one he desires. Come my love..." -Song of Songss 7:10

Lord God I just ask that whoever may ever read this-that you would come right now and reveal yourself to them as their lover. Show them your deep desire for their hearts full surrender to you. As our faithful husband you will not break our hearts! Lord I pray that you break the boxes we have placed you in. May you come in right now and warm our hearts with your unfailing love and walk with us, take our hand and lead us in the way we must go, lead us through this marriage with you-you love us so so so much, may we never forget it!

check out this song to hear how God sees us as his Beloved!


0 comments:

What is a Zealot?

"Never be lacking in zeal, but have spiritual fervor serving the Lord" -Romans 12:11

A zealot, in this context, is one who lives thier life in order to personally KNOW the one known as Christ Jesus. He who lived, was crucified and rose again. He who all life is made to worhsip. This is a zealot.

Zeal is defined as a fervor for a person, place or cause. Enthusiastic, diligence or ardor.

Made In The Image of God

Made In The Image of God

Journal Entries..

Do you ever feel the wind on your face and just feel your breath catch as you realize in that wind is whisper of love from an eternal Creator? Do you ever read something in the WORD that makes your heart pound? Ever feel like you had tell someone the revelation God opened your eyes to?

I've felt that. And here is where I chose to share these things. Whatever you choose to call it, these truths, principles, revelations, whispers of love, or simply Words from God are things I felt I had to tell. Maybe they will impact you maybe not. All I know is that if one person hears God through this, that pounding slows, the weight on my chest lifts. All I know is if I hadn't placed these impressions in an accesible location for that one person to read and be impacted, then I would feel like I was doing an injustice to the truth God entrusted to my mind's understanding.