Vision Statement and Governing Values

So in my class at RSM we had to take two weeks and sit down and come up with the vision statement we have for our lives and then the governing values. It was an incredible challenge. I freak out a little bit every time I have to think seriously about my future just cause I have to daily say "God I'm going to TRUST YOU!!!"

The other day I listened to "Caged" a mesage by Sammy A. (an awesome speaker-check him out)! Sammy's message hit the spot, God totally used it to both encourage me and to open my eyes to my self worth, and that of others....He said something in there that I have latched onto. "Each person holds a unique expression of God in them." I, myself hold an expression of God that the world wont see if I dont determine to let that expression shine through. The same goes for every single person on the face of the earth-thats another blog. But as I thought about that, I have decided that that is my vision statement right now. My purpose-to live out that expression God has breathed into me.

So if you want to read my vision statement, governing values, supporting verses and my mini-explanations, read on. More blogs to come on the "God breathed expression" dealio. :)



Vision Statement:

“To actively live out the unique God-breathed expression of the Lord Almighty that has been placed within me in order to bring glory to the Father God.”

And the Lord God formed a man’s body from the dust of the ground and breathed into it the breath of life. And the man became a living person.’ -Genesis 2:7

‘For in Him we live and move and exist…’ - Acts 17:28

- I am choosing to live with the conviction that I hold within me an expression of God that no other human holds. God in his divine mystery is so unfathomably limitless that each person holds a unique expression of him. I haven’t yet heard him whisper the ‘big thing’ he wants me to do but I will daily set about trying to live out the expression of God within me to bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I know I am meant to live a life full of exploits that God has written down in his book as part of a grand scheme adventure, until I know the main plot of my story, I am living each day in faith that I am carrying out the steps to get to where God wants me to be. I’m living out the expression of God that has been breathed into me by the same one who created the stars and knows them by name.

Governing Values:

1) Relationship with God-my getting to know him.

‘Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege, where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.’ -Romans 5:2

-My first priority is to get to know God, my life has no meaning without that intimate relationship with him. I see my life as a small piece of the puzzle known as God’s master plan. The only way I could ever fulfill the works he has planned for me long ago is if I KNOW my God.

2) Relationship with family and friends.

‘Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.’ -1 Peter 3:8

- I have learned that we need each other more then we could ever fully know. It is alright to let others see my weaknesses and faults, I can lean on the people in my life. I need to not ‘go it alone’ and need to life selflessly, making my family and friends a priority.

3) My place on the wall (my sphere of influence)

‘O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on you walls; they will pray to the Lord day and night for the fulfillment of his promises. Take no rest, all you who pray.’ -Isaiah 62:6

- I have realized that God has placed me in the areas that I have influence in on purpose. I have been posted at a certain place on the wall, to influence those around me for Christ. I need to live life on purpose on the wall and recognize the work in front of me. Some of these places I see now is school, work and my family, and even my church.

4) Serving my spiritual leaders

‘Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.” -Philippians 6:6-7

- I recognize that everything I do is unto the Lord. I also recognize that God has placed my parents, pastors and leaders in my life as part of his will for my life. My serving them to the best of my ability as unto the Lord both blesses them in their ministry and brings a smile to my Father God’s face. In sowing my time into being a blessing to my leaders, I know God will bless me with a harvest that is woven in with that of the leaders I am under.

0 comments:

What is a Zealot?

"Never be lacking in zeal, but have spiritual fervor serving the Lord" -Romans 12:11

A zealot, in this context, is one who lives thier life in order to personally KNOW the one known as Christ Jesus. He who lived, was crucified and rose again. He who all life is made to worhsip. This is a zealot.

Zeal is defined as a fervor for a person, place or cause. Enthusiastic, diligence or ardor.

Made In The Image of God

Made In The Image of God

Journal Entries..

Do you ever feel the wind on your face and just feel your breath catch as you realize in that wind is whisper of love from an eternal Creator? Do you ever read something in the WORD that makes your heart pound? Ever feel like you had tell someone the revelation God opened your eyes to?

I've felt that. And here is where I chose to share these things. Whatever you choose to call it, these truths, principles, revelations, whispers of love, or simply Words from God are things I felt I had to tell. Maybe they will impact you maybe not. All I know is that if one person hears God through this, that pounding slows, the weight on my chest lifts. All I know is if I hadn't placed these impressions in an accesible location for that one person to read and be impacted, then I would feel like I was doing an injustice to the truth God entrusted to my mind's understanding.