The Legally Binding and Undeserved Deed

In my RSM classes one of the students asked a question about how she didn't udnerstand why she didnt have more victory in her life, didn't know how we can obtain more victory than we expirience. She udnerstood it was in God's hand but didnt know if it was unbelif in her own life or what. And Pastor John Prominski, a pastor from Ionia Resurrection Life, used this analogy that kinda left me speechless. Its one of those thing I knew..but it just was in a new light now... dont know if I'll get it right but I'll try, its all scrambled in my head because I was feeling convicted to say the least...
So he said...

Say I have this close friend who is very wealthy. And he had no family to speak of and he knew he was goign to die soon. So he comes to you and says- "Dear friend, I know my time left here isn't long, so I'm going to will you ALL that I have." You stand there speechless and stumble over your words as you say no no no, I dont need that..I wouldn't need somthing that extravagant. I'm okay with what I have. With a little bit more firm voice your friend reiterates-"No, I'm giving this to you cause I want to. Its goint to be rightfully yours, legally the deed to all i ever had is in your name, my fortune my mansion all of it. I want you to have it." You continue to protest saying you wouldnt even know how to manage it or where to start and that you dont deserve it. He rebuts by saying that "of course you don't deserve it, I worked for all this, but I'm leaving it to you." With that he doesn't listen to any other arguments you have. He soon passes away and sure enough legally ALL he owned was willed to you. But you choose not to go to the mansion, not to use the money, even though his wish was for you to use it to its fullest.

In like manner, God has given us ALL authority, ALL grace to abound in every good deed. He left this earth saying we have all the same faith that he does. Yes, to each of us is measured a degree of faith, but that doesn't mean that the level we are believing at now is all there is to believe in. We are choosing NOT to access the deeper levels of what God has for us. We've moved into the guest room of what God wants us to walk in when he is saying, "come look at the library! Look at this gardens, ALL OF THIS IS YOURS." But we just stand back and say we dont deserve it and can't handle it. God has left us with all we need to manage the household, and he wants to see us walking in victory. We aren't walking in greater victory because we dont see that we own that victory. We arent looking at the rest of house cause we arent choosing to accept that its in our name. The blood of christ is written over the deed of vicotry and faith in our lives but we are to comfortable to walk out of our guest room and grasp it.

We need to realize that its ours and start acting like its ours. When we sit back and wonder if we will ever get victory, its not going to come to us, we have to go and take hold of it. Whether we like it or not, that deeper level of faith and the greater measure of victory is ours, we have to believe it and not doubt that God has it waiting for us. Its up to us to choose to believe that its ours or not. IT IS OURS-but are we going to live like it is?

This hit my in the face cause I'm doing that. I'm chillin in my guest room saying , nah God I dont need all that, its cozy in here, when he has SO MUCH MORE FOR ME. We need to take hold of the deed and shove it in the devils face, paste in on the mirror and in our hearst cause thats who we are- we have the deed to victory and we need to walk int it..

The deed to the entire house is in your name, whether you want to act like it is or not. Its up to you to walk in that level of faith and victory, so how about it-want to take a look at the living room?

"Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:56

0 comments:

What is a Zealot?

"Never be lacking in zeal, but have spiritual fervor serving the Lord" -Romans 12:11

A zealot, in this context, is one who lives thier life in order to personally KNOW the one known as Christ Jesus. He who lived, was crucified and rose again. He who all life is made to worhsip. This is a zealot.

Zeal is defined as a fervor for a person, place or cause. Enthusiastic, diligence or ardor.

Made In The Image of God

Made In The Image of God

Journal Entries..

Do you ever feel the wind on your face and just feel your breath catch as you realize in that wind is whisper of love from an eternal Creator? Do you ever read something in the WORD that makes your heart pound? Ever feel like you had tell someone the revelation God opened your eyes to?

I've felt that. And here is where I chose to share these things. Whatever you choose to call it, these truths, principles, revelations, whispers of love, or simply Words from God are things I felt I had to tell. Maybe they will impact you maybe not. All I know is that if one person hears God through this, that pounding slows, the weight on my chest lifts. All I know is if I hadn't placed these impressions in an accesible location for that one person to read and be impacted, then I would feel like I was doing an injustice to the truth God entrusted to my mind's understanding.