Sacred Song of the Presence


In my last blog (Sacred Song of the Heart) I shared what I've learned about singing in the Spirit, how God can bring a unique song out of you that hasn't ever been sang before. Its an amazing tool to be used to usher yourself into the presence of God. Not only does singing and worshiping take you to a deeper level of intimacy with God but it opens the door for God's presence to flood over you. David understood this, in the times he most needed a touch from God he would pour his heart out in song and God would come and there would be a sincere God encounter.


+Psalm 149:1, 3, 6 "Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful…Praise his name with dancing…Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a sharp sword in their hands…"


Four things I know to be true about worship. 1) God has placed unique and powerful songs within each of his precious children that are just waiting to pour out. 2) God dwells within the praises of his people. 3) Worship is a powerful tool against Satan's devices. 4) We can tap into a depth of intercession as we identify with the heart of those around us in song.
We can tap into a depth of intercession as we identify with the heart of those a



"Ushering in the Presence"


+ Psalm 22:3 Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel


Have you ever been in a worship service and the atmosphere just changes? You are singing with your whole heart and something happens. You can't really say what it is but all the sudden the entire room seems to be on the same page, the entire room is laying their heart before the God of the universe and just praising him for what he has done in their lives. Everyone without any kind of signal all raise their hands at the same time, whatever it is, maybe they all jump out of excitement, maybe they fall to their knees and are in deep worship only to open their eyes to see the rest of the room in the same humble position. Whatever that atmosphere looks like, we have all seen it. If you have ever corporately been worshiping and everyone's heart is focused on God-then you know what I'm talking about.


This phenomenon can even happen at the most unlikely times. There has been moments when I'm alone in my car and as I have my Hillsong, Desperation, Abbey Johnson, Glorious Unseen-whomever is in the CD player at the time-I have it blaring and I'm just singing, then I feel my stomach flipping, my whole body all the sudden responds to the change of atmosphere right there in the car. Something just changes. Have you ever felt that? Maybe I'm just listening to the music is my personal quite time with God and as a song is playing I feel that inner ache and tears spring to my eyes, it happened. God showed up. God's presence is revealed in a real and tangible way.


When we are worshiping and allowing the Spirit to flow through us we create an environment where our hearts are wide open to experience a genuine God encounter. Our Father God's heart is moved by our willing worship and he draws near. (James 4:8) It isn't some mythological idea or philosophy, the God of the universe; the God whose hand spans the universe
(Isa. 40:12) can manifest his presence to you in your times of worship.


There is no questioning the fact stated by King David that God is enthroned, he dwells, inhabits the praises of his people. We see this in Isaiah's vision in the year that King Uzziah died..


+ Isaiah 6:3-4 In a great chorus they [the angels] sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty! The whole earth is filled with his glory!" The glorious singing shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire sanctuary was filled with smoke.


Smoke is often representative of the presence of God, the Israelites were lead by a cloud by day and a pillar of smoke and fire by night, God's presence was guiding them. Here we see that this powerful God who could have anything that entered his mind chooses to surround himself by the praises of his creation. Do you see that they were SANG holy
holy
holy, the sound of their SINGING was changing things! In response God's presence was filling that place! In the same way when we worship God, we center our focus on Him; he comes and dwells in that place. Have you ever been worshiping and felt that initial change, where you feel like someone just literally opened the door to let the King of Glory come in? That is your Spirit when it connects with the One who made you. It is a divine moment where there is a deep fellowship with this marvelous Creator. In these moments when God is so manifested and near to you there is more than a change in the atmosphere. Often in the presence of God people will begin to weep because they are being washed by God's love or they are feeling convicted as

he cleanses their hearts. This experience is something you should envy, something you should guard, this communing time with your Heavenly Father can strengthen you in a dry season and it can minister to you in your pain. With his presence comes healing, comes words of encouragement, it is most often in my times of prayer and worship that I hear God whispering things to my heart.


We should invest our time into worshiping our God, usher him into our every day. Begin to live an attitude of worship, not just with music but where we are focusing on God throughout our every day mundane activities; it makes the little things holy things. Even when we are singing to ourselves as we go about our day you can feel a nearness
with God that you may have never felt before as you washed the dishes, whatever it is-invite God into your everyday life. Allow him to be the centerpiece. Personally the best way that I have found to focus on my Father God, is worship, because I know that when I am allowing the Spirit to flow through me-he will worship the Father, and in worshiping the Father, in worshiping God-things change. His presence floods over me, and my drive to work becomes a God appointment. I challenge you, worship God today. Take time to set aside and just worship him, sing out, blare your music and allow God's presence to flood over you.


+ Psalm 95: 6-7 Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, for he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the sheep under his care. Oh, that you would listen to his voice today!

0 comments:

What is a Zealot?

"Never be lacking in zeal, but have spiritual fervor serving the Lord" -Romans 12:11

A zealot, in this context, is one who lives thier life in order to personally KNOW the one known as Christ Jesus. He who lived, was crucified and rose again. He who all life is made to worhsip. This is a zealot.

Zeal is defined as a fervor for a person, place or cause. Enthusiastic, diligence or ardor.

Made In The Image of God

Made In The Image of God

Journal Entries..

Do you ever feel the wind on your face and just feel your breath catch as you realize in that wind is whisper of love from an eternal Creator? Do you ever read something in the WORD that makes your heart pound? Ever feel like you had tell someone the revelation God opened your eyes to?

I've felt that. And here is where I chose to share these things. Whatever you choose to call it, these truths, principles, revelations, whispers of love, or simply Words from God are things I felt I had to tell. Maybe they will impact you maybe not. All I know is that if one person hears God through this, that pounding slows, the weight on my chest lifts. All I know is if I hadn't placed these impressions in an accesible location for that one person to read and be impacted, then I would feel like I was doing an injustice to the truth God entrusted to my mind's understanding.