Savior to Servant


God has really been dealing with me on the subject of having a savior mentality. This comes in two scenarios, first- when you have a friend who knows God, knows the Word and gets disillusioned and wanders away from God. Secondly this can happen when you find yourself in some form getting attached to a non-believer and wish they knew what you know about God. If you aren't careful you begin to think that it's your responsibility to help, fix, and get them to God. But in short, God has shown me that that is not my job at all. We are not to try and take Christ's place in someone's life. We are to reflect God to the people around us and point them to HIM. Because you see, friend- when we take the weight of someone's soul on our shoulders we are bound to fall under the pressure. We will fail them and we will be left wounded on the ground with the false feeling of failure. Please don't take this the wrong way. We are supposed to help each other and lead each other back to God when we get distracted, but it's not our job to get someone to Heaven, we in our own flesh and strength can only do so much. Then we have to leave room for God to take the reins. Yes we are to encourage each other along our walk. Yes we are to bear with each other and love in all things. Yes we are at times called to exhort each other on certain actions. But no dear one- you do not have to hold them up as they trip. God has other plans for you. All these thoughts came together in poem that I decided to write last night after a conversation with some good friends about what we are to do with these situations…what I learned above all else-is God calls us to be servants to the wounded and weary person, not savior. I hope this speaks to you in some way. I really feel that this is directed those of you who know exactly how heavy the burden is to carry another on your shoulders…




+ Hebrews 3:12-15 Be careful then, dear brothers. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, as long as it is called "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. But never forget the warning: 'Today you must listen to his voice. Don't harden your hearts against him as Israel did when they rebelled.'






Savior to Servant


Equally yoked are we


Such great friends you and me


We build each other up in this place


As we walk along, side by side


Encouragement flows face to face


Nothing from you I feel I have to hide




As days go by we make our way


I never noticed the edges start to fray


Just like a sunset in its last glimmer


Or a lightning bolts blinding flash,


The fire for God in you was turned to simmer


All the sudden you're convinced there's a catch




The finely built cord begins to unravel


Soon there is a swerve in these two that we travel


I notice now, it's nearly to late


How am I to hold you up as you trip and stumble?


Can't let you slip into such a fate


Am I to let this defended friendship so easily crumble?




Sturdy I set my feet apart


There must be a way for me to hold to your heart


With all my strength I lift you up


But you only pull away


All doors for me to help seem shut


I can't allow this failure over me to lay




All at once I realize you're too far off for me


Tears fall as frustrations rise to the feeling you won't ever be free


What sort of a friend am I to fail you?


My strength is sapped now I see


I can't save you, but then who?


The answer is a strong resounding HE




He is the one who orders your steps


He is the one for you who descended into the depths


He has an arm not too short to save


He is the one who sees your wandering heart


He is the one who will calm your raging waves


He is the one who from you will never depart


Where I lost, He has victory


Where I was blind, he alone can see


Where I fell, he stands his ground


Though he draws near to the humble, He opposes the proud.




So I see now I'm not the one to save


He alone is the author of your days


I must trust Him to do his work


Let him rightfully be savior


I, myself, cannot heal your hurt


I'm letting Him lift you as an eagle to sore




As I stand back I see the place to be


I tried to play savior-but God has other plans for me


He has called me to be your servant


Here I devout myself on your behalf to prayer


For you my heart shall be rent


I let go.


I am not Savior, but servant


I commit you, dear one, into my loving Father's capable care.



0 comments:

What is a Zealot?

"Never be lacking in zeal, but have spiritual fervor serving the Lord" -Romans 12:11

A zealot, in this context, is one who lives thier life in order to personally KNOW the one known as Christ Jesus. He who lived, was crucified and rose again. He who all life is made to worhsip. This is a zealot.

Zeal is defined as a fervor for a person, place or cause. Enthusiastic, diligence or ardor.

Made In The Image of God

Made In The Image of God

Journal Entries..

Do you ever feel the wind on your face and just feel your breath catch as you realize in that wind is whisper of love from an eternal Creator? Do you ever read something in the WORD that makes your heart pound? Ever feel like you had tell someone the revelation God opened your eyes to?

I've felt that. And here is where I chose to share these things. Whatever you choose to call it, these truths, principles, revelations, whispers of love, or simply Words from God are things I felt I had to tell. Maybe they will impact you maybe not. All I know is that if one person hears God through this, that pounding slows, the weight on my chest lifts. All I know is if I hadn't placed these impressions in an accesible location for that one person to read and be impacted, then I would feel like I was doing an injustice to the truth God entrusted to my mind's understanding.